2016 Big Ideas +
WICERS announced its “BIG IDEAS + SMART SOLUTIONS” Student Entrepreneurs’ Pitch competition, to find the next great idea for innovative entrepreneurship, during our 2016 conference. We sought out visionary young woman with a big idea about how Atlanta can become a “smarter city” and a business idea in one of the following categories (see below). These bright minds were invited to submit an application for this exciting competition.
Atlanta is at the forefront of innovation and entrepreneurial growth, with globally-recognized strides in sustainability and technology. As the City continues to thrive, this inaugural competition looked to recognize and award young women who are bringing new ideas to life, to further Atlanta’s smart city goals. Four finalists were selected to pitch their business ideas, during the 2016 WICERS conference, the winner walked away to $5,000.
Your business idea must be executable, and help Atlanta do one of the following:
- Reduce energy use in the City
- Increase neighborhood safety
- Improve transportation and mobility in the City
- Deliver environmentally responsible solutions to the City’s needs (i.e. waste management, fuel usage, etc.)
- Accelerate economic development in the City
- Create opportunities for underserved communities to participate in innovation, science and technology growth in the City
In addition to being a woman, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Legal resident of the United States
- 18 years of age at time of application submission
- Currently enrolled in a higher education level curriculum at a nationally accredited college, technical school or university